- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cashew milk or any plant milk
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed ground
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven at 375 F.
- In another separate bowl, Mix flax seed with four tablespoons of warm water and let it sit for about three minutes.
- Put all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Combine to mix well.
- Add the olive oil, flax seed mixture, the honey, vanilla and milk to the dry ingredients and mix until they are well blended.
- In the blended mixture, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Spray your muffin cups and scoop your muffin mixture into the cups. They should fill ⅔ of the tin.
- Bake the muffins for 18-25 minutes. Check for their readiness by inserting a tester such as a knife in the middle of one muffin. It should come out clean when they are ready.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in their tins for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from their tins and serve as desired.
You can use two teaspoons of corn starch instead of the flaxseed if you like.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American