- 2 cups peeled and chop butternut squash into medium pieces or use butternut squash puree.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium chopped carrots
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp ginger (garlic paste)
- ½ Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 ½ cup water or vegetable stock
- ½ cup cashew cream or one cup cashew milk (any milk or cream can do)
- Peel and chop all the vegetables. Add them to a large pot then pour water to cover them. (Do not add the ginger, garlic paste, and the seasonings)
- Boil on medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- When done, turn off the heat and let cool for a few minutes then add your cashew cream.
- Pour the mixture to a blender, add the ginger, garlic paste, and puree until smooth. (you can use an immersion blender or a good potato masher
- Pour the puree to a cooking pot; add your spices, seasonings, and salt.
- Let cook for another 3 -5 minutes. Remember to occasionally stir it to prevent it from burning or sticking at the bottom of the pot.
- Serve warm with bread.
- This soup can keep in the refrigerator for at least 2-days.