This Vegan Corn Chowder is simple to make. It is creamy, delicious and heart-healthy. You can make it with fresh, frozen, or canned corn kernels. Enjoy it with some crackers or garlic bread
- 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen yellow corn kernels
- 1 Cup unsweetened coconut /almond milk or cashew milk ((optional))
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3–4 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp avocado/grapeseed or any vegetable oil
- 3 large potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1/4 cup Green and red bell pepper chopped (for garnishing.)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions once the oil is hot and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the grated garlic, ginger, and cook for another 3 minutes or until they turn slightly brown.
- Add other spices and stir in for 2-3 minutes, then pour in the water or vegetable broth and mix well to combine.
- Add the corn and potatoes and stir to combine well. Bring the contents to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and allow the soup to simmer occasionally stirring.Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool, and once it cools, divide the soup into half. Pour half into a food processor or use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup into the pot with the leftover soup and add coconut or almond milk.
- Simmer on low heat stirring often for 6-10 minutes. Season with black paper or red pepper flakes
- Garnish with fresh green and red bell pepper. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American