Crispy, fluffy, soft, and nutritious waffles that do not take forever to make. They are simple and straight forward to make. I hope you will enjoy them as I do.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup cashew milk or any plant milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice ((unsweetened))
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup avocado or coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla powder. Mix well to combine.
- Next, make a hole at the center of your dry ingredients and add maple syrup, and oil. Then add milk and orange juice a little bit at a time while whisking until you achieve your desired consistency. Let the texture be similar to that for making pancakes but do not make it too runny.
- Spray your waffle maker with non-stick oil or non-dairy butter spray. Scoop ½ a cup of the waffle mixture and pour it onto the hot waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown or follow the instructions according to your waffle maker.
- Drizzle maple syrup, top with fresh fruits and serve warm.
- You can omit orange juice if you want though I would suggest you add it because it gives your waffles a unique flavor and taste. You can replace it by adding half a cup of milk or water to your mixture.
- If you are using vanilla extract instead of vanilla powder, add it as the last ingredient in the mixture.
- This recipe will make about six waffles. You can adjust the ingredients if you have a few or more company visiting
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Vegan Waffle Recipe