This healthy creamy mixed vegetable soup is hearty and simple to make. You can enjoy it with cooked rice, quinoa, or as an appetizer.
2 medium carrots chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 ½ rib celery thinly chopped
½ cup tomato paste
2 medium potatoes cut into ¼ inches
1 cup vegetable broth (low sodium) or cold water
½ cup organic coconut milk or any dairy-free milk
Salt to taste
¼ tsp pepper (optional)
One cup frozen or fresh green peas
1 cup frozen /fresh green beans Chopped
1 cup of organic frozen or fresh sweet corn.
Chopped parsley or cilantro. (optional)
1.Wash your vegetables in clean running water
2. Boil or steam all the vegetables, except the minced garlic, onions, tomatoes paste, and your herbs in a steamer for ten minutes.
3.Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
4. Add onions, minced garlic, and sauté for 4 minutes, then add the tomatoes paste and the steamed/boiled vegetables stirring often. Sauté a minute longer.
5. Pour the vegetable broth or water and bring to boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add coconut milk and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, add your herbs and allow to simmer, uncovered until all the vegetables have blended well and cooked.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve warm.
You can add more broth or water if you do not like it thick.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mixed vegetable soup Recipe