This sesame and flaxseed energy bar is so delicious and healthy. It is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, and healthy fats. These are excellent for snacking or you can carry them to go.
- 1/2 cup raw Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place sesame seeds and flax seeds on a frying pan or skillet and toss on low to medium heat for 10 mins or until they turn golden brown. You can as well spread out the seeds on a baking tray and bake them in the oven at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Please do not let them burn because they will be bitter.
- In a pan, add honey as well as brown sugar and heat on reduced heat mixing up until they combine appropriately and start to form some bubble. Heat for about 5-8 mins.
- Add the honey sugar blend to the toasted seeds. Mix well and transfer the mix to a lightly oiled parchment pepper. Cover with an additional lightly greased parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin to flatten it. Lubricating the parchment paper prevents the seeds from sticking on the paper and rolling pin. Roll thinly to about 1/4 inch or any size you like.
- Place them in a very cool, dry place or refrigerator for 20-30 mins to set.
- Cut into desired sizes and serve.
- You can keep the sesame flaxseed bars in a clean container separating each bar with clean paper towels and refrigerate. They can stay for a week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Indian