Chickpea stew is healthy, delicious and easy to make. You need a few simple ingredients and at least spare a few minutes to prepare. Why not make and enjoy this amazing chickpea stew that is healthy for you.
- 1 Cup cooked chickpea ( drained)
- 2/3 cup diced potatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato pureed
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium Green bell paper ((chopped))
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 In a large cooking pot, add coconut oil and add onions. Cook on medium heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown.
2. Add the carrots and let sauté for few minutes then add the pureed tomatoes and chopped green bell paper. Let these cook for about 2 minutes while stirring.
3. Now add the chickpeas and the potatoes, stir until they are well combined. Pour the 1 ½ cup of water. Allow the water to come to a boil.
4. Cover with a lid and let it simmer on low heat for another 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the chickpeas and the potatoes from sticking at the bottom of the pot.
5. Take the lid off and add the spices (ginger, garlic paste, cardamom powder, and curry powder) and salt, then stir to mix. Allow this to simmer uncovered for 2 minutes.
6. Turn the heat off and serve warm with rice or crackers.
In case you like cooking chickpea from scratch like me, remember that the dry ones can take a longer to cook. For this reason, sort, clean and soak them overnight then boil them the next day. Soaking helps to soften them and reduce the cooking time
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Soup