These whole wheat and oat muffins are healthy and very satisfying. They are so delicious and do not take much time and effort to make.
1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
¾ organic old fashioned oats
¼ cup grapeseed or any vegetable oil
1 ¾ non-dairy milk
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup of coconut sugar /stevia
1 teaspoon ground flax seed
3 teaspoon warm water
½ teaspoon vanilla extracts
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1.Preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, prepare the batter and the muffin tins.
2. In a medium bowl, prepare the flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseed with the warm water and let it stand for about 3-5 minutes.
3. In another large bowl, mix and combine all the dry ingredients except sugar.
4. In another mixing bowl, whisk coconut sugar, flax egg, oil, and milk to combine well.
5. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredient bowl and add the wet ingredients little by little as you whisk. Add vanilla extract and mix until you get the desired consistency. The mixture should be slightly thick but not too thick.
6. Use a non-stick cooking spray to spray the pan. Pour the batter into your muffin cups filling each with about ¾.
7. Bake the whole wheat oat muffins for about 20-25 minutes or until they are done.
You can test if your muffins are ready by inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the muffins are ready.
8. Cool these muffins for about 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then transfer them to a cooling rack for another 3 minutes before serving.
These muffins can stay fresh for 3-5 days in the freezer if stored in a clean airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American