A hearty vegan black bean chili that requires less than 10 ingredients and less than 30 minutes to make. It is healthy, flavorful, and delicious.
1 medium onion chopped
2–3 cloves garlic crushed or ½ tsp garlic powder
2 Tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 tsp Cajun powder
½ teaspoon cayenne powder (if using Cajun powder)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ cup or 12 oz can black bean (cooked and drained)
½ cup or 12 oz can of kidney beans (cooked and drained)
½ teaspoon dried basil or Oregon
¼ teaspoon salt
2 oz tomato paste or crushed tomatoes.
½ cup water or vegetable broth
1. Heat olive oil l in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the chopped onions and crushed garlic; cook for about 2-3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the spices and salt, mix well. Let the contents sauté for a minute.
3. Add the two beans and the crushed tomato or the tomato paste. Stir to combine well.
4. Add clean water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Let the contents simmer for 5-8 minutes to allow the liquid to thicken slightly.
5. Remove the contents from heat and serve with your favorite toppings.
6. Freeze the leftover chili for later.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Black bean Chili